Niagara Falls Ontario Canada

Niagara Falls Ontario Canada

Geography

Niagara Falls are heavy waterfalls on the Niagara River and located between Niagara in the US state of New York and Niagara in the Canadian province of Ontario.

جغرافية
شلالات نياجرا هي شلالات كثيفة على نهر نياجرا وتقع بين نياجرا في ولاية نيويورك الأمريكية ونياجرا في مقاطعة أونتاريو الكندية

Niagara Falls Ontario

Tourism

The oldest and most popular tourist attraction in Niagara Falls is the boat cruise Maid of the Mist, named after an ancient Indian mythical character from Ongiara, who has transported passengers directly to the falls’ slopes since 1846. Cruise boats operate from boat docks on either side of the falls. With Maid of the Mist operating from the American side and Hornblower Cruises (originally Maid of the Mist until 2014) from the Canadian side.

The peak of visitor traffic occurs in the summer, when Niagara Falls is a day and evening attraction. From the Canadian side, floodlights illuminate the sides of the falls for several hours after dark (until midnight). In 2007, it expected that the number of visitors would reach 20 million, and by 2009 it expected that the annual rate would reach 28 million.

Niagara Falls Ontario Canada

From the American side, American Falls can viewed from trails along Prospect Point, which also features the Prospect Point Observation Tower and boat dock for Mist Mist. Goat Island offers more views of the falls and can reached on foot and car traffic by bridge over the American Falls. From Goat Island, the Cave of Winds can accessed by elevator and lead hikers to a point below Bridal Veil Falls. There are also Three Sisters Islands on Goat Island.

Most of these attractions lie within the Niagara Falls State Park.

Horseshoe Falls - Niagara Falls

Horseshoe Falls – Niagara Falls

Horseshoe Falls, also known as Canadian Falls, is the largest of the three waterfalls that make up Niagara Falls on the Niagara River along the border between Canada and the United States. Roughly 90% of the Niagara River, after diversions to hydropower, flows over Horseshoe Falls. The remaining 10% flows over American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls. It located between Terrapin Point on Goat Island in the US state of New York, and Table Rock in the Canadian province of Ontario.

Niagara Falls Ontario Canada

Melbourne in Australia